The Mansfield-Richland Area Educational Foundation (frequently referred to as the Chamber Foundation) was established to foster economic understanding and pursue other areas that benefit the free enterprise system and the American way of life.
The Foundation consists of five key components:
- Economic Education - Founded in 1980, the Foundation offers Economics based graduate level education classes to area educators that may be applied to advanced degrees, licensure requirements and/or pay scale increases. Endowed Foundation funds pay more than 85% of the tuition costs.
- Leadership Unlimited - Founded in 1982, Leadership Unlimited is a planned learning program designed to provide men and women of demonstrated leadership ability with the opportunity to interact with existing leaders and develop their knowledge of challenges and opportunities for leadership in the greater Mansfield, OH and Richland County area.
- Leadership Unlimited Membership (LUM) - Leadership Unlimited Membership is a network connecting Leadership Unlimited graduates through social and educational programs and an alumni newsletter.
- YEA - The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is a year-long program that teaches students in grades 6-12 how to start and run their own, REAL businesses. Students brainstorm business ideas, decide if they want to work by themselves or as a team, write a business plan, pitch their plan to investors for funding, and actually launch their own business or social movement. All of the learning is real and experiential. Students leave the class as business owners, complete with a DBA and bank account!
- Economic Club - Four times each year since 1982, the Economic Club brings world-class speakers to our area for luncheon meetings. A portion of the annual membership supports economics classes offered to area educators by the Foundation.
Mansfield-Richland Area Educational Foundation Membership
Membership in the Mansfield-Richland Area Educational Foundation allows your company to participate in the important work of all five areas of the Foundation. In addition to Leadership Unlimited and the Economic Club, your membership assures services to area youth and educators continue to promote our free enterprise system.
Just one membership provides benefits to you, your company, and the community in which we live. Your support is appreciated.