Economic Club Luncheon - Ohio Council of Retail MerchantsName: Economic Club Luncheon - Ohio Council of Retail MerchantsDate: August 29, 2019Time: 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM EDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Retail in Ohio is an essential economic driver for the state of Ohio. One out of every four Ohioans are directly or indirectly employed by the retail industry. This makes the men and women of this industry extremely valuable. At the same time, the speed of change occurring in the retail sector has many wondering if "retail is dead" - or at least what we perceive as traditional retail. The truth is, brick and mortar retail is here, and here to stay! Retail is not dead and malls are not becoming ghost lands. Retail is simply...changing.
Join us as we discuss the state of retail in Ohio through the following topics:
- Economic importance of retail to our state
- Innovation in the retail sector
- Workforce development and the RiseUp program (a retail workforce training program available to all Ohioans)
- What the Ohio Council of Retail Merchants does to protect the industry at the local, state and federal levels
- How community members - retail and otherwise - can be supportive and helpful to the retail industry in Ohio