Small Business Saturday 2019 Passport RegistrationName: Small Business Saturday 2019 Passport RegistrationDate: November 30, 2019Registration: Register NowEvent Description:
The Small Business Saturday Passport Program is a program designed to get more shoppers into your door the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
You have probably heard of Small Business Saturday, the national program heavily promoted by American Express that takes place the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The Passport Program expands on this day by actually giving shoppers a prize incentive for shopping at our local small businesses.
- Shoppers simply have their Passport stamped when shopping at participating businesses on Small Business Saturday, and each stamp qualifies as a prize entry.
- Some local businesses report that this is the busiest day of the year for them!
- You do not need to accept American Express and Chamber membership is not required to participate
What is required to participate as a business?
- You must have a storefront that is open for business on Small Business Saturday.
- You agree to stamp the Passport when a shopper visits your store, without requiring a purchase (one option to increase the likelihood of a purchase is to have a special offer for Passport customers).
- Provide a $20-$50 gift card/certificate for the Passport drawing (the Chamber will take care of drawing names and distributing prizes).
As long as you register before the deadline date you will receive:
- Your business name, address, and phone number on the printed Passport.
- A stamp to mark the Passports.
- A supply of Passports to hand out.
- Small Business Saturday promo materials to keep or give to your customers
- A Facebook promotional post from the Richland Area Chamber of Commerce (in Nov).
- Inclusion in an email blast by the Richland Area Chamber
- Inclusion in over $4,000 worth of advertising to promote the day and awareness of small businesses
No Reason Not to Participate!
Collectively we spend thousands of dollars getting Passports into shoppers hands and promoting Small Business Saturday in our community. We also receive thousands of dollars of in-kind support from our media partners. All that for the “price” of a gift certificate - which also promotes your business!
Is It Really the Same Day as the OSU-Michigan Game?
Yep, sorry about that. It’s a national day. We encourage you to embrace it and play it up!
This event is being held in conjunction with the Ontario Growth Association, Main Street Books, Downtown Mansfield, The Shelby Area Business Group, Be Focal Buy Local Richland County, and the Clear Fork Valley Chamber of Commerce.